Hearing is the common route to acquire the language, one of the most important attributes of the human being, plays a central role in the development of the thought and the knowledge.
Research demonstrate that the people with hipoacusia (diminution of the auditory perception) present/display not only a delay in the language, also academic and their labor and professional expectations are worse. The congenital auditory alterations or, prelingual (they are developed before the complete acquisition of the language) have different causes, produce sensorial, conductivas or mixed deteriorations auditory. Its degree goes from slight, moderate, severe or deep, united or bilateral; without concerning his type or degree they bring about serious effects in the development of the language and the speech. Realising a precocious detection of hipoacusia through auditory screening, allows to implement intervention strategies that facilitate the acquisition of the language and the development of the comunicativas abilities.
So that an auditory tamizaje? The reduction of hearing (hipoacusia) is a sensorial deficiency with repercussions on the development communicative (language), emotional, academic and social. When one is detected hipoacusia congenital, before the 6 months of age and necessary strategies of intervention are realised, the comunicativas abilities are developed normally. The high prevalence of hipoacusia, those of severe degree to deep new born affects 1/1,000, moderate 1-3/1,000 and all the hipoacusias considered from 1,2 to 5.7/1.000; it requires that an early detection is realised with the purpose of to carry out an integral intervention that allows a normal and significant development in the infantile population it suffers that it. This prevalence in new born with factors from high risk is increased between 2,5 and 10% To who him is due to realise the auditory tamizaje To all the new born until the 6 months from age. The traditional approaches of auditory tamizaje in new born, have been directed, until the moment to the children with factors of risk LIKE: v Familiar history of hereditary infantile neurosensorial deafness (At least 60% of hipoacusias neonatal must to genetic alterations). v Intrauterine infection, like cytomegalovirus, rubéola, syphilis, herpes or toxoplasmósis. v Anomalies creaneofacilaes, including the morphologic anomalies of the auricular pavilion and the auditory conduit (cleaved Palate, Syndrome of Down or diverse alterations of the auricular pavilion).
- Weight of birth inferior to 1,500 gr.
- Hiperbilirribinemia to a sérica concentration that needs exanguineotransfusión. (Classic Association between hiperbilirrubinemia and auditory deficit is classic).
- Ototoxic medications, including but not limiting itself the aminoglucosodos, used in multiple turns or combined with diuretics . (The drug capacity Is evident certain to damage the cells of the organ of Corti) v Bacterial meningitis. (They can produce until a 20% of permanent deafnesses).
- Score of Apgar from 0 to 4 to the minute or from 0 to 6 to the 5 minutes v Mechanical ventilation during at least 5 days.
- Stigmata or other findings associated to a syndrome that knows that it includes neurosensorial deafness or of conduction. (25% of hipoacusias hereditary appear associate to malformativos syndromes).